Irit | Dancing in the Rain


 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my inspirational post made for Rebecca Baer using her adorable stencil as my fancy art piece background.

I made this piece for possible print submission and, as it was not picked for print, I am free to share it in my blog and I think it's pretty good one.

I made the background with Rebecca Baer Enchanted Vine stencil  (Medium size used) around the stamped image from Stampendous.

First I stamped the image and heat emboss it so I can color inside and not to be afraid of splashes from late misting. Then I  colored the image with distress markers and even stamped doilies over the white dress to make it more interesting.
The sentiment was stamped over tissue and glued with gel medium near the image . Then I made a mask for both stamped image and sentiment and added clear heavy gel medium with Rebecca's Enchanted vine stencil. 

Clear glitter was added over the wet gel medium and I let it dry for a couple of hours.
As the next step I added a few background lines with white ink and white embossing powder. Then the whole piece (images masked) was misted with a mix of at least 3 Tattered Angels blue mists.
The stencilled lines worked as resist, but not totally and this is a reason to see some color inside the diamond shapes. But it just made it more interesting and more Mixed Media.
I hope that I inspired you with my small art page.

Back to Top