Karen | Autumn Canvas

Happy Labor Day!! 

Fall is here! I am so ready! I love the colors of fall, the weather, pumpkin spice mix-I love it all! Today I'm sharing with you a 5x7 canvas I quickly made with Rebecca Baer stencil and DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint. It's so easy -but makes a great statement!
Here's what your going to learn how to make!! 


I started with a coat of Autumn Red. Dry thoroughly.


 Next using a palette knife, I applied a coat of Rebecca Baer's Stenciling Gel 

over top RB Honeycomb Stencil  -I used the 5.75x5.75, but they come in 3 different sizes.

 It's white when you put it on, but allow it to dry and this is the result!  Like magic!!  Do not let the gel dry on the stencil, rinse it off with water while still wet.  For more stencil cleaning tips check out this page.

 Then I painted a coat of DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint Moon Yellow. Wipe it off with baby wipe. Apply another coat and wipe off.  The stencil gel is a resist to the top coat of paint. Everywhere you've applied the gel is going to show the first layer of paint used.

 This I added some embellishments and voila!  My finished product.  This 5x7 canvas will fit in a 5x7 frame -just take the glass out and display for all to enjoy.

 I hope this will inspire you to make some fall themed decorations for your home!

Happy Fall Y'all!!

Karen Conner www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”---Stanley Horowitz
Back to Top