Martha | Stenciling & Gradient Background

Hello dear friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a technique to use with your stencils. In today's project I created a special background for my card using the Cascade Stencil from Rebecca Baer and three different colors of Distress Ink.

  ORIGINAL BACKGROUND CON STENCIL

 The base of my card is metallic dark grey, the second layer is Whisper White and I worked all my design in another piece of Whisper White cardstock. The first thing that I did was to ink the paper with three different colors of distress ink: Seedless Preserves on top, Peacock Feathers on the center and Mowed Lawn on the bottom, all from Tim Holz.

  ORIGINAL BACKGROUND CON STENCIL

 Then I took my Cascade Stencil and I secured it over the inked paper using masking tape. I took a sponge and a few drops of water and I started to pass the sponge softly over the stencil to activate the ink and enhance the design. You don't need to apply a lot of water, just a few drops because you don't want to damage the paper. When you finish, remove the stencil and let the paper dry.

  ORIGINAL BACKGROUND CON STENCIL

To stamp the sentiment you can use Memento Tuxedo Black Ink or any other ink. Just wait until your paper is totally dry. I decorated my card with a die cut from DieVersions called Delicate Deer. I cut it several times with the same card stock that I used for the base of the card and with Stick It adhesive Sheets. I used these die cuts in the same place to create a special dimension and give more details from inside of the die cut. Then I pasted on the center of the card.

  ORIGINAL BACKGROUND CON STENCIL

I hope you enjoyed today’s post and create your own backgrounds using our stencils, we have beautiful designs that you can use for this purpose. If you want to see more ideas using these stencils you can visit my blog Stampartpapel here and I would love to have you as a friend, follower and subscriber via my social media avenues: Facebook,Pinterest, Instagram,Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy your life!
Back to Top