Susie | Mixed Media Card

Today I am here to share a little inspiration with this mixed media card.  It was so easy to create by pairing one of Rebecca's beautiful stencils with acrylic paint and a Gelli Arts plate!


 I used the small sized Dragonfly Fantasy stencil.


Monoprinting with a Gelli plate is fun, easy and fast!  To create a card sized print I started with the 3" square Mini Gelli Arts plate and brayered on 2 colors of acrylic paint.


I wanted to feature the actual dragonfly image from the stencil so I positioned it diagonally on the gelli plate.  Next I covered it with a piece of white cardstock and carefully rubbed the entire back of the paper to pick up the details of the stencil.


Once the paint dried I stamped a sentiment with permanent black ink.  I trimmed it down, rounded the corners and matted the image with black card stock.


I prepared the base of the card by using a different part of the stencil.  I moved it around and applied ink to transfer the grid design you see below.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Materials for Gelli Print Dragonfly Card:

Back to Top