Karen | Autumn Pumpkin Canvas

I'm definitely in the fall mood!  I've been wanting to do some pumpkins for some time.
I wanted to highlight Rebecca Baer's stencils in the design. 

 

I started by taping off a border around the canvas. I didn't measure-just eyeballed it, then painted the whole  inside with  burnt umber. I used a "X" stroke to give more texture.


 Then I stenciled warm white on top with Dragonfly Fantasy Large stencil. When I got to the bottom, just flip the stencil over and connect the pattern.


 Then I peeled the tape off and put it on the inside block. Used Cascade Small Stencil to do the border. I turned it while going around the edge.




 In order to tone down the brightness, I painted watered down gold over top the canvas. I sketched my pumpkins out with a white charcoal pencil, then painted them in.


 I hope you're inspired to use your stencils in your artwork.
 
Karen Conner www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”---Stanley Horowitz
Back to Top