Susie | Funky Steampunk Card

Steampunk is really trendy right now and I had a lot of fun creating this funky card using the small Steampunk Clockface stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs.   This collage style stencil incorporates multiple gears with roman numerals and a skeleton key!


I started by taping the stencil on top of a piece of 6"x6" watercolor paper and applying Faber Castell Whipped Spackle.


After it dried, I lightly spritzed it with water and dripped on 3 different colors of Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals.


I used a wet paint brush to move the Liquid Metals across the surface, blending in some areas until I was happy with the look.  I used a heat tool to dry the surface.


I replaced the stencil and lightly inked the raised surfaces with a water based black ink.


So grungy and cool! I trimmed the paper down to a 5.5" square.


I die cut a heart from Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive and adhered it to the front of the card. I crinkled up small pieces of Pewter and Pumpkin Deco Foil Transfer Sheets...


...and created a random pattern of color on the heart by alternating the colors on the adhesive surface.


I really love the texture on the heart from using the crinkled foil.


To finish things off, I used black cord to tie a metal tag onto the front.  I accented the heart with 3 tiny rhinestones, added some copper colored brads and mounted it all on a black cardstock base.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie 

 Materials for the Steampunk Heart Card:
  • Rebecca Baer Designs ST-613 Steampunk Clockface stencil, small
  • Faber Castell Whipped Spackle
  • Ken Oliver Crafts Liquid Metals: Iron Oxide, Copper, Pewter
  • Therm O Web Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive
  • Therm O Web Deco Foil Transfer Sheets: Pumpkin, Pewter
  • Want2Scrap Baby Bling, black rhinestone
  • Tim Holtz Ideaology Quote Bands
Back to Top