Leslierahye | Steampunk Card Duo


Good Morning! Today I've created a pair of Steampunk cards using Rebecca Baerô Stencils and brushes. Steampunk is probably one of my favorite themes and I LOVE Rebecca's Steampunk Clockface Stencil that I used for this project! Here is my process for this card...


I began by creating a unique color burst background with some water and pigment powders that have a wonderful watercolor feel. I then took my Steampunk Clockface Stencil and misted over the surface with a brown opaque mist.
Steampunk Clockface Stencil - Product Image


You see here that I moved the stencil around and layered it over the entire sheet of mixed media paper. I dried this layer completely before proceeding. 


Next with the RB Artiste Stencilersô I gently brushed black acrylic paint into the stencil covering the bottom layer and revealing only parts of the under layers in the stencil. I completely covered my sheet of paper in this manner. 

RB Artiste(TM) Stenciler - Product Image




Once I was happy with that I came back over the darker areas with Ironworks Petite Stencil and gold paint to add a little surface texture to the project. I then went around the sprockets with Liquid Pearls adding more texture to the card.


Ironworks Petite Stencil | ST-817 - Product Image

This large piece of mixed media paper was trimmed into A2 size piece and mounted onto black card bases...a diecut label and sentiment were added to both cards to finish. This would make a fantastic card for a man in your life or for another Steampunk Enthusiast!


I hope you enjoyed my Steampunk cards today! All supplies mentioned are available In Rebecca Baer'sÆ store at the link below! Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out posts from my teammates each Tuesday and Thursday!



Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye | Instagram at leslierahye

Back to Top