Karen | Art Journal Inspiration

Happy Wednesday!!
Are you ready for some art journal inspiration??
I used Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics and Rebecca Baer stencil Enchanted Vine-LG.  I always gesso my pages before I start my page.The fluid acrylics are used sparingly.  One drop goes a long way!  I used my fingers to rub it around my page.I laid the stencil down and did additional rubbing of paint in the stencil after freehand sketching the butterfly in. I wanted to be sure the main stenciling was done around the butterfly.
 I painted several coats of the fluid acrylics on the butterly.  The carbon black covers extremely well! To finish it up-I painted in all the white parts.
 I hope you'll try the stencils in your journals or canvas projects! They have lots of good details. Thanks for stopping by! Deco Art Products Used: Interference Violet and Green Glazing Mediums Cadmium Red Hue Viridian Dioxazine Purple Quinacridone Magenta Diarylide Yellow Vermillion Carbon Black White
Karen Conner www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”---Stanley Horowitz
Back to Top