Susie | Gelli Printing & Stencils

Stencils and Gelli plates are perfect partners!  I have another bit of mixed media mono-printing inspiration for you today, showing you how to pull a second print when you are working with a stencil.


I used the small sized Rebecca Baer stencil, Steampunk Clockface.


I started by placing the 3" square Gelli Arts Mini Printing Plate onto an acrylic block and spreading metallic copper acrylic paint evenly over the surface using a brayer.


I placed Rebecca's Steampunk Clockface stencil on top, positioning it to include the corner with the small gears and the key element.


I covered it with a piece of white cardstock and rubbed the backside with my fingers before pulling back the cardstock to reveal the first print. You can see that the stencil basically acts as a mask and the print is a negative image.


At this point I removed the stencil to reveal this delicately detailed image impressed into the remaining acrylic paint.


I covered it with another piece of white cardstock and rubbed the back before pulling this second beautiful print, which is referred to as a ghost print.


I trimmed and matted the ghost print image before adding a stamped sentiment and adhereing it to the cardbase. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

Materials for Gelli Print Gear Card:

Back to Top