Susie | Stenciled Gift Box

Susie here today with my last project as a member of the 2016 Rebecca Baer Design Team.  Just in time for the holidays, I wanted to show you how easy it is to create a unique and beautiful gift box.


I found this 13" square fabric covered box at a local craft store and thought it would be perfect for holding a wedding album I was creating as a gift.  It was a little plain so I decided to add just a little detail with Rebecca's large sized Jamboree collage stencil.


I centered the stencil on top of the lid and held it in place with washi tape.


I chose 3 different shades of ink in the same color family as the fabric on the box because I wanted to create a subtle tone on tone effect.  These are very fast drying inks.


I applied the inks through the stencil using a blending tool.


When I removed the stencil I thought it still needed something around the edge.


I replaced the stencil and then just inked around the outside edge, creating a frame for the details on the center of the lid.


I added flowers, pearls and a chipboard word from my stash.


I love how it turned out!  I think the gift box is just as pretty as the gift I will be placing inside! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

  Materials for Stenciled Fabric Gift Box:
  • Rebecca Baer Designs Jamboree Stencil - Large, ST-1216
  • Fabric covered box
  • Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Inks - Antique Linen, Biscotti, Warm Sand
  • Want2Scrap Fancy Chipboard Word - Memories, small
  • Want2Scrap Le Creme Swirls Finesse
  • Recollections Fabric flowers
  • Ranger ink blending tool
  • Embossing ink and powder
  • Washi tape
Back to Top