Susie | Watercolor Art Panel

Susie here today to share a project I created by combining one of Rebecca Baer's collage stencils with Ken Oliver's Color Burst powders.


I used the medium sized Cascade stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs for today's project:


I started by laying the stencil on top of a 6"x6" piece of Mixed Media Art Board.


I chose Turquoise, Chartreuse and Lime Green Color Burst and sprinkled the tiniest amount of concentrated powder into the openings of the stencil.


Next came my favorite part!  As I spritzed it with water I could see the colors activate and start to blend!  I removed the stencil and let it dry thoroughly.


Using waterproof, permanent black ink, I stamped a female figure directly onto the art board.


I re-stamped the image onto white cardstock and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I trimmed out just the corset area of the figure and adhered it on top of the original stamped image.


I used the Turquoise Color Bursts to color these flowers and then cut them apart to create a skirt for my figure.


I used a heat gun to make sure the background was completely dry before I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments.  I added horizontal lines with washi tape and 3mm black rhinestones.


To finish things up I adhered an engraved metal token and a piece of turquoise rhinestone over the heart of the stamped image and stamped some tiny hearts on her sleeve.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie 

 Materials for Watercolor Art Panel
  • Rebecca Baer Designs Cascade Stencil - Medium ST-8002
  • Ken Oliver Crafts Mixed Media Art Board
  • Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst - Turquoise, Chartreuse, Lime Green
  • Character Constructions Art Stamps
  • Impression Obsession/Yvonne Blaire - Words for Art 3172-XL
  • Technique Tuesday - Best Place
  • Want2Scrap Sleek Strip 6" Rhinestones, Black
  • Want2Scrap Baby Bling, Turquoise
  • Wow Embossing Powder - Primary Ebony Super Fine
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Typed Tokens
  • Washi Tape
Back to Top