Susie | Creating Custom Papers with Stencils & Spray Inks

I'm a scrapbooker and I really enjoy the process of choosing the right background paper to accent my photos.  I am really very picky about even matching the correct shades of colors.  A super easy way to create your own background paper with custom colors is to pair spray inks with one of Rebecca Baer's collage style stencils.


I used the large size Enchanted Vine stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs for today's project:


I started by laying the stencil on top of a piece of white cardstock and spraying with an assortment of Dylusions Ink Sprays.


I laid another piece of 12"x12" white cardstock on top and ran my hand over the back side, pressing firmly to pick up all the details. Here I flipped the cardstock over and you can see the page on the left is like a stamped image of the stencil.


On the right side, you can see the stencil acted like a mask and left a negative image of the design.  I created the layout using this piece.


I trimmed it down, matted it with coordinating cardstock and started to add photos, stickers, alphas and bling.  I love the visual texture in the background from the stencil pattern and the spray!  It is not perfect but it is beautiful!


I also stamped and heat embossed a sentiment and some feathers.



I loved the color scheme and the photos so much, I decided to add a similar page to my art journal...


...with a slightly different message:


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today! Susie

Materials for Custom Colored Peacock Layout:

  • Rebecca Baer Designs Enchanted Vine Stencil - Large ST1201
  • Dylusions Ink Spray - Crushed Grape, Cut Grass, London Blue
  • Want2Scrap 72 Count Rhinestones - Purple, Mother of Pearl, Royal Blue, Light Green
  • Kaisercraft Stamp and Die set - Dream Big
  • WOW! Embossing Powder - Primary Ebony, Superfine
  • EK Success Sticko Label Lingo - SPLL09  Zen
  • Card stock, art journal
Back to Top