Leslierahye | Fat Book Page




This month I'm participating in the Alice in Wonderland Madness Members Blog Hop! Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite subjects to art. SO MUCH FUN! I'm using a rubber stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps today...it's a stamp created from the illustrations of Sir John Tenniel--they have several made into stamps at VLVS.

 I created this little fat book page on a piece of canvas paper...I began by swirling on distress ink with my beautiful Enchanted Vine RebeccaBaer.com Collage stencil...the same stencil is later used to get the diamond pattern on the bottom right and the Swirl at the top left. I recently joined the Rebecca Baer Design Team and get to share with you often these awesome Mixed Media tools!! Her Stencil Brushes are AMAZING...more about that at another time! You're here to HOP!  The image was stamped on a piece of scrapbooking paper made to look like a dictionary page. As the image was bigger than my 4◊4" square, I altered slightly to get both the Cheshire Cat and Alice on the page. The cat and Alice and a piece of the branch were colored with Prisma Pencils and then painted with Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist in Pearl to add SHIMMER. The cat needed some googly eyes to finish him off.

Below are details of this fun tile! Enjoy!
Detail of the stenciled swirls and emboss pasted stencil.
copper creams were lightly brushed over the top of the raised stenciling.
Detail of the swirl in the upper left.
Again, copper creams were brushed over the swirls to help them pop.


Cheshire Cat


Alice

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my project!
Be sure to hop to the rest of the Blog Hop Smeared Ink Family!

Twitter at @leslierahye | Facebook at leslierahye.| YouTube at leslierahye | Pinterest at leslierahye

We share tips, techniques and creative inspiration on a regular basis. You can subscribe to receive. RB | Design Team Blog updates here.. Once you complete the form you will receive a confirmation email from feed burner. Be sure and check your spam folder. You must confirm your subscription to activate. 

Back to Top