Shilpa | Background Resist Technique

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here, with my last post as Rebecca Baer design team member 2016.


I am sharing background technique tutorial.


I kept Rebecca Baer Jamboree stencil Large 11.75" x 11.75"http://nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in/on watercolor paper tag and applied Ranger distress glaze through stencil. and let it dry completely.


Next I applied distress stains Fossilized amber, mowed lawn and mermaid lagoon  on craft mat and sprinkled water on to it.



I turned tag into colors and swiped... distress glaze resisted distress stains reveling beautiful stencil design.



I added texture with bit of text stamping in the background. Cute bird is stamped image colored with distress stains. 
I love the way it turned out !! 
Hope you are inspired to try this technique with Rebecca Baer stencils!!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

find more of my work at







Back to Top