Susie | Spooky Mixed Media Art Panel

Susie here today to share another mixed media project I created by combining a collage stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs with Ken Oliver's Color Burst.


I started by placing the medium sized Secret Garden stencil on top of a 6"x6" Mixed Media Art Board.

I sprinkled tiny amounts of Ultramarine Blue and Violet Color Burst concentrated powder into the openings of the stencil...


...and spritzed with water!


When I removed the stencil I was not able to see as much of the design as I had hoped...


...so I replaced it and then inked through it with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I used a pouncing motion with the blending tool so that I did not smear the background.  Use a heat tool to completely dry the background at this point.


I stamped and heat embossed the female figure on top of the background.


I replaced the stencil and traced parts of the design in black ink and then filled it in using the black brush marker.


I painted her hair with Dirty Martini and Lime Green acrylic paint, adding details with a black pen.


Detail:  I stamped the face on vellum with permanent black ink and trimmed it out.  Then I flipped it over and used Fresh Lime green to paint the eyes.  I adhered it in place and used tiny staples as an embellishment.


I used a black pen to highlight some areas of the stencil design and added a spider sticker.


To create the text, I painted more of the Lime Green onto cardstock and topped it with clear tape I ran through my trusty Dymo label  maker. I cut apart the words and glued them onto the art panel.


I embellished the metal token with a piece of purple rhinestone, added a couple of pieces of spider web washi tape, and adhered a metal photo corner in the top right corner!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie 

 Materials for Spooky Art Panel:
  • Rebecca Baer Designs Secret Garden Stencil - Medium ST-8006
  • Ken Oliver Crafts Mixed Media Art Board
  • Ken Oliver Crafts Color Burst - Violet, Ultramarine Blue
  • Penny Black Rubber Stamp - Muse
  • Dylusions Acrylic Paint - Dirty Martini, Fresh Lime
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Typed Tokens- Halloween
  • Ranger -  Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass
  • Ranger -  Archival Ink, Black
  • Want2Scrap 72 Count Purple Rhinestones
  • Paper House Productions 3D Happy Haunting Halloween Stickers
  • Momenta Metal Photo Corner Stickers
  • Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Artists Pen, Black
  • Dymo Label Maker
  • Washi Tape
Back to Top