Susie | Mixed Media Halloween Canvas

Susie here today sharing a Halloween themed mixed media project featuring the Dragonfly Fantasy stencil from Rebecca Baer Designs.
Here is the stencil:
I positioned the stencil on top of a canvas panel so that the circular opening was in the upper right.
I sprinkled on some Color Burst watercolor powders and spritzed with water.
I used a paintbrush to spread the color a little more evenly...
...before I removed the stencil to see the result!
I decided I wanted the "moon" I was creating to be more defined, so I replaced the stencil and added ink with a blending tool.
I moved the stencil around and added another layer with ink, positioning the swirls...
...and geometric patterns in other areas of the canvas.
When I stamped and heat embossed the witch, I was unhappy with the texture of the canvas showing through.  It was an easy fix.  I simply used a black brush pen over the stamped image and I added another layer of heat embossed black.  In the final image you can see that the body of the witch is far more solid.
I stamped and heat embossed a jack-o-lantern and a sentimenton white cardstock. I water colored the pumpkin before trimming it all out and positioned it on the canvas.  Last step was to finish things off with rhinestones and washi tape!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie 

 Materials for Halloween Mixed Media Canvas Panel:
  • Rebecca Baer® Dragonfly Fantasy Stencil - Small, ST607
  • Ken Oliver Color Burst - Lamp Black, Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Orange
  • Rubber Stamps - Stampendous, InkaDinkaDo, Ranger
  • Want2Scrap Sleek Strip 6" Rhinestones, Black
  • Wow Embossing Powder - Primary Ebony, Super Fine
  • Little B Washi Tape
  • Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen - Big Brush, black
  • Canvas panel
Back to Top